The most terrifying thing that ever happened to me on World of Warcraft


Back in the early days of WoW, I was involved in an intensive raiding guild and we had just reached AQ40 for the first time after a lot of effort appropriately gearing newer guildies. I'd never been inside the instance before and more or less we were starting from scratch. We'd just lost a number of players to another guild because we had a couple stagnant weeks where, for various reasons, some of the leadership had either failed to log on or had real-life stuff to deal with.I had come down with whooping cough, probably the worst sickness I'd ever had in my life, and was just recovering from it by that time but was still suffering from chest pains associated with hacking up my lungs for two weeks.Right at the entrance, while waiting for a third of our raid to make it inside the instance, I started having chest pains that felt like it was in my heart area. Breathing started to hurt and I couldn't inhale without a sharp pain emanating throughout my entire chest. I thought I was having a heart attack and started to panic. Right then, out of nowhere, C'thun's voice whispers, "your heart...will explode." I absolutely lost it, thought I was hallucinating, having a stroke, or something horrible, and had to get up and leave the room and breathe for a good 5-10 minutes before I came back. No one knew why I was gone.I never quite lived that one down when they found out.TL;DR: Was having chest pains, had never been in AQ40 before and had no idea C'thun whispered spooky things, and freaked out when I heard him say my heart would explode.