I feel like WoW should embrace the "world" aspect more, instead of linear, "epic" storylines


Like I assume a lot of people here, I have a lot of fond memories of WoW when it first came out. My first character -- both in beta and on live -- was a Human Paladin, and I loved everything about their starting experience, up through Darkshire.Nothing about it was "grand" or "epic", but it was completely immersive. You weren't some Champion of Azeroth fighting Gods to save the world; you were just some guy, saving people from bandits.I remember -- vividly -- how excited I was the first time I encountered an Orc. I couldn't believe how much larger they were than humans (he was lvl 21, Orc Warrior I believe, also rocking the first "long cape" I'd seen in the game, just outside Eastvale Logging Camp).I know Blizzard loves those big "epic" moments -- and really, I think we all do -- when they are appropriate.Wrathgate was one such moment. Even though I think phasing is generally bad for the game, there was a ton of build-up to that point, and it really paid off. The follow-up of travelling into the Undercity... well, it was fun for the first time, but I think was more an example of where things started to go wrong.With the advent of level-scaling, I'd kind of like to see things reined-in a little more. Give us those smaller, more personal stories. Make traveling outside the city seem imposing again. Make exploring fun and rewarding, but also incredibly dangerous.I think the "World Quests" of Legion are a massive step in the right direction. While the same objectives have certainly gotten stale -- particularly since they're not that rewarding after a certain point -- I think it's a system that could be expanded upon in a big, big way.But hey, that's just my two cents.