Take that horrible ex-raidleader


So I don’t claim to be good at WoW, I’ve played since late BfA with some friends. Some of my friends had other WoW friends who are now also my WoW friends and we M+ together and have a laugh in discord. I was in a guild already but we joined the new friends guild because it was a small guild, everyone knew everyone etc etc. Anyway the guild and raid leader is an a**hole lol. I explained I was new and learning the ropes. I originally rolled as a tank because that’s what my friends needed when I started. The guild needed a DH so I said since I’m a spare part I would make one. So I levelled it, was told I’d be taken on a few gear runs, I wasn’t. So I geared it to 190 with a couple of friends and raided with the guild.Explained to the raid leader I’ve changed to a new class and a new role and was still learning it so apologies if I’m awful, but I’m trying and I’ve been learning raid tactics, watching how to videos on my class etc. We got to 7/10N and wiped at least 6 times on every boss. I then missed a raid due to my 2 year old child breaking his leg. I messaged the raid leader and explained, his response was that I should have let him know on the calendar and that they were going to do heroics and I wasn’t good enough to raid with them. At first I was annoyed, felt a bit dejected, but I decided to prove him wrong.I went to premade groups and started applying. Declined. Declined. Pending... Pending... waitlist...So I made my own. Didn’t go for the best players, but what I felt was a solid comp for what was to come based on the numerous tactic videos I’d been watching. Some had 0/10 raids but were +10 M+ so I decided they at least had an understanding of their class.We got to 6/10 with only 2 wipes in about 4 hours which I felt was quite the achievement in pugs and called it a night. Still to come though was Council, Sludge, SLG and Sire. So I created the next group and off we went, we had substantially more wipes than the last time out, but WE DID IT! in 4.5 hours.So in 8.5 hours I led a group of miscreants through an entire raid in about 2/3 of the time the guild who told me I wasn’t good enough did.I understand this isn’t actually that big of an achievement since people have completed heroic and a lot of mythic. But as a new-ish player on a new (to me) class and role I felt pretty proud, that I managed to guide them through without discord!My next objective is to find the confidence to tank the raid in pug. Knowing the tactics is one thing but executing them as a tank I feel will be more of a challenge. Any tips would also be greatly appreciated!