First PUG Raid


Hey! I just ran my first PUG raid after being declined by 100's of ToS raids (I'm 895 ilvl) and decided to bite the bullet and start my own raid that welcomed anyone who didn't have a clue what they were doing. To preface this, other than videos, I had no idea what to expect from this raid. I've also never been the leader of a raid so I had absolutely no idea what to expect, I just wanted to do the raid and learn it as I go along with a bunch of other people, which is exactly what I did.We wiped about 10-15 times before we ended up getting to KJ and everyone had to leave but it was honestly one of my best decisions playing this game so far. I've only played properly for the past month and a half so I had a bit of a tough time catching up to the new content, I was also finding it pretty rough getting to 900ilvl as it was almost impossible for me to get better gear due to getting declined from raid after raid for not having achievements or an absurd ilvl.Luckily there were 2-3 people who knew what they were doing and they were kind enough to take the time to explain it to the DPS/Tanks/Healers what their role was in each fight (God bless these people). Every now and again someone who expected a quick run (Despite the title and description of the raid) would come in, wipe, flame everyone and then leave which was fine. There were also people who hadn't done the raid before who just wouldn't/couldn't listen to instructions regarding the boss which was also fine - we got through most of the raid and I even managed to loot abyss worm.Not really much point to this post I just wanted to share my first ever PUG experience - I hope that there's someone out there who has been having the same trouble as me (getting accepted by a raid) and bites the bullet and just makes their own. As long as you put the time and effort into learning the bosses before diving in, you and your group have a decent chance at killing the bosses, don't be scared to start your own group regardless of your experience, you'll find atleast one person who doesn't mind helping you and your raid!