I attended the Darkmoon Faire for the first time in my 9 years of playing.


Yesterday, for the first time ever, I attended the Darkmoon Faire. I started playing WoW in 2008, a little while before WotLK came out. I have never leveled a character to max. I've never been on a raid. I don't really have friends who play WoW. I usually play on and off, for months at a time.But my experiences at the Darkmoon Faire last night were completely unlike any other. Something finally struck me - and I mean, I knew it all along, but... this game is so intricate. It's so detailed. It's rich. I had so much fun just running around, playing the carnival games, spending tickets on stupid prizes I didn't really want and walking around. I looked at EVERYTHING. I spoke to every NPC, even the people who weren't vendors or questgivers. I rode the rides. I watched a concert by Elite Tauren Chieftain.For the first time in so many years, I felt the magic that I felt when I first played WoW. I've been searching forums and this subreddit for 'WoW experiences' posts. A lot of people talk about how they'd do anything to wipe their memories and experience WoW for the first time. I feel like that's what I did yesterday.And I had such a great time. I am more determined than ever to get to max level so I can focus less on gear and rotatons and spend time doing stuff like this. Sure, raids will be fun and all, but this is what I play for. The immersion. It's so freaking beautiful.And on another note, I REALLY want that WoW cookbook. I will cook every thing.