Academic survey: Avatar relationships and gameplay preferences (drawing for 3 month subscription card)


(mod approved)Hello!My name is Sam Bowers and I am a graduate student at California State University, Fullerton. I am conducting research for my thesis set to explore players' relationships with their avatars and gameplay preferences and habits. Gaming has been a hobby of mine since I was very young, although I am admittedly late to WoW (I have a baby hunter on Dalaran and am enjoying learning the ropes).This survey will ask questions about your avatar's traits as well as your feelings about it. It will also ask questions about your enjoyment of certain activities in game. Part of the analysis involves connecting survey answers to play statistics provided on Armory. All information collected about your avatar will be analyzed and reported in aggregate. No published results will identify you or your avatar. It will take about 15-20 minutes to complete. This study has been reviewed and approved by the CSUF Institutional Review Board pursuant to federal standards.To participate, you must be 18 years of age or older, an English speaker, and an active WoW player within the past 30 days. At the end of the survey, you may provide your email address to enter the drawing for 3 months of game time.Survey link: http://ift.tt/2slffHd am happy to answer any questions about this research. You can message me on this account or by email at sambowers@csu.fullerton.edu.Thanks - Sam