Random Noob Made My Day


I made a decision to grind out Kurenai rep in Outland for the mounts, so I hunkered down and initiated Ogre Apocalypse in the one hollow near Halaa. Brought plenty of Bear Tartare, specced Outlaw for the runspeed buff, and Grappling Hook, etc.This went on for a few hours, but you get some tunes going and a grind routine, so things are going smoothly. Some @ level people come and go as I am flying around one-shotting Ogres in the face, so I take breaks to make sure they have something to kill, or I invite them to join me so they get credit. Others are mining Adamantite for whatever the fuck reason, and then there's the competition of more people grinding rep, which led to some salty situations, but were resolved relatively peacefully.Near the end of my grind though, there was one max level Pandaren Rogue coming and going, strictly for mining nodes. I didn't say a word to this guy the whole time, but he kind of sat and watched me as I was zooming around. As I was gearing up to fly off and turn my shit at Telaar, he whispers me, asking how I was able to do what I was doing. I asked what he meant specifically, and he wondered how to "chain jump" as well as move so fast all the time.This made me feel all nostalgic, kind of happy really, to know there are still genuine new players who DONT know every single trick or mechanic to this old-ass game by now. I go into detail explaining Grappling Hook, as well as Bear Tatare, and the whole time he's amazed by all of what I am explaining to him. I go and open trade to give him a stack even, which he thanks me for, only to realize he doesn't have any space in his bags, so I get a mammoth out so he can repair and sell his shit.All said and done, he tells me how kind I was, and very much appreciated everything I helped him with, even if it wasn't that much, and flew off. I haven't had one of those types of interactions in god knows how long, and it brought me right back to BC level nostalgia for all the right reasons. Godspeed you noob panda rogue.