My nostalgia was just tickled by a new player in Thunder Bluff at 5AM


Hey reddit, I am usually a lurker on this subreddit but never really post stuff, though this time I really need to share this with you.It was 5AM, I couldn’t get sleep so I queued up for a raid and was AFKing in Orgrimmar when I saw the angry goblin yelling that the zeppelin for Mulgore has arrived and, I quote, to get ready for a comfortable flight above the Barrens. Something in me just made jump on it, it’s not like it’s far away, there is a flight path to it as well, but for some reason I wanted to be on that zeppelin. As I jumped on it, I took the flight to Thunder Bluff and a milion of rewinds flashed in front of my face. All that nostalgia, going to Thunder Bluff and actually people being there, running from camp to camp with friends and just talking all day with strangers inside.Nowadays you don’t see a living soul in Thunder Bluff during peak times so I didn’t expect anybody to be there at 5AM. When I entered the city, rather village, I didn’t see anybody and I felt mixed emotions. Sadness because nobody was there, nostalgia because I remembered great times and anger at Blizzard for ruining this game.As I was getting ready to go back to Zuldazar and log off, I saw a lonely Level 31 Tauren Paladin running around in the city. From instinct, I inspected his gear to not find any heirloom. It was hard to believe he was actually new, you rarely meet new players.. I asked him what he was doing and if I could help him do a quest or two. It seemed to surprise him as much to see that chat bubble appear from another player.As he slowly turned using his keyboard, he said:“There is nothing to help with, I was just about to repair my weapon and be done for the night”.It hit me like an arrow through the heart. After talking to him for a bit, I asked him where his heirlooms were, to which he said he had none! That was when I finally was able to grasp that it was a new player indeed! Experiencing the game for the first time! (Sadly WoW nowadays doesn’t offer much to experience first time).I kept chatting with him, hearing how he just started playing and other stuff. It felt like I was talking to a younger me, playing the game for the first time again.I know how frustrating and mind numbing the leveling is, so I offered him to buy him heirlooms so he could level up quicker and not quit due to the abomination that leveling is, like many of my friends.Thank you Blizzard, he was on another realm and I couldn’t trade or mail him.Instead, I encouraged him to make a new character on my realm.Guys, guys... I will never be able to describe that excitement and happiness he burst into after he got some gold I can earn in an hour and a guild invite.“Thank you. You didn’t have to do that!” he said.I know I didn’t friend, but with Blizzard taking away all the social aspects of the game, with phasing, sharding and realms being useless, we must not let the ‘MMO’ aspect of the game die out completely. Communication with other people is replaced with AddOns that even automate messages to other players. We lost all need to interact with other human beings in this wonderful virtual world and that’s the REAL downfall of newer expansions. The real fun Classic will bring is not gameplay, but the social aspect and making friends and yourself a reputation on your realm!Firewarrior, level 31 Paladin, if you are reading this, thank you for tickling my nostalgia and brining back good times to me.EDIT: MY FIRST GOLD! THANKS KIND STRANGER!!!