Does anyone else hate these new mechanics introduced in ever new expansion just for them to be abandoned?


Now I'm a very casual WoW player. But I remember how simple it used to be. We got a new expansion, it gave us new dungeons, lore, gear, quests, zones, maybe a class and race and that was pretty much it.But starting with WoD, we got these weird new mechanics that seem cool at first, but then you realize they will just be forgotten and rendered obsolete.In WoD we got our garrison. It was nice to play around with, but nobody goes there anymore.Legion gave us artifact weapons and class halls. And now they are completely abandoned and don't even get referenced.BfA has azerite, but once Shadowlands hits, it won't matter anymore.And Shadowlands also has something that we have to "level" or whatever that probably will also become completely irrelevant in the expansion after.I hate this. I hate that when leveling a character and hitting that new mechanic, I keep thinking "yeah, just power through this, it won't matter in a few levels anyway". Like I just want to "get it over with". Expansions feel very disjointed like our progress is meaningless. I replaced my legendary artifact weapon with a green random drop the minute I stepped foot into Zandalar because the green drop was better. My character is archdruid but he doesn't even go into his class hall anymore because there's nothing there.I understand that only the current expansion is relevant and technically it was always like that, but I don't think that we ever had mechanics that become absolutely useless the moment a new expansion hits. I wish things like class halls, etc were still useful in BfA. It would be cool if those things were considered like a gradual progression instead of a one-time thing.