Never received as much hate in this game as I have being a tank. This is why there's a shortage and new players don't want to tank.


At this point Wow has several dozen dungeons or more and you'd be surprised how often I get toxic messages from the dps (imagine being as easily replaceable as Dps and bitching at the tank even though you haven't taken any damage) in my groups for being a "bad" tank, all because I don't have every damn dungeon memorized. It's always the dps too, because the healers are thankful for me keeping mobs off the dps and self healing, making it usually an easy run for them.I have add-ons installed to make sure I can easily see aggro status on all the mobs and usually my runs are very smooth, unless you're the healer, but even then as a Prot Pally, I'll self heal to help out the healer, because I've always maimed healers and know that sometimes it can be hard to keep up even if your dps is taking no damage.However, despite all this, you still give tanks shit instead of pointers to help them be better. Leveled all the way to 50 tanking dungeons, but never again will I queue to tank a random players again. Maybe I'll try again in another ten years like last time.