Praise for Blizzard


Hopefully this screenshot is legible. Please be kind, I know there are players of all backgrounds and beliefs on this sub.I received a 24 hour ban and character name change for my hunter, Lesbow, last night. As an LGBTQIA+ gamer on the heels of pride month, and as co-guild leader of a sizeable LGBTQIA+ inclusive guild, I was particularly upset and submitted a ticket.The first GM supplied a less than supportive response, stating that "ultimately the community decides what is offensive" and suggested I pick a new name that couldn't be read as offensive. I responded with a more eloquent version of "So Blizzard will sell pride merchandise and say that they support the LGBTQIA+ players, but if someone in the community decides that my queer identity is offensive that's the end of it?"The screenshot below is the second response that I got which was incredibly validating and I felt was worth sharing. I know we've seen Blizzard accused of rainbow capitalism this month and I was accusing them myself but this response was comforting and made me feel as though Blizzard (at least in the US) might be implementing some true ally policies.https://ift.tt/3hgUF4X