Mildly Interesting Discovery: Lovecraft, N'Zoth, and a Shadow Priest shouting


I play a Shadow Priest and I decided that I was going to make a macro to shout when I cast Surrender to (1) let my raid know my precarious situations and (2) to proclaim my love for Lovecraft's work. The macro is pretty simple - it just casts Surrender and shouts what should be a familiar refrain for those familiar with the Cthulhu mythos: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." This gibberish is chanted by Cthulhu's (seemingly) insane followers, and the protagonists are told it means something like "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."One evening, I forgot to cast Surrender to Madness until after I had entered voidform (normally you use it beforehand to take advantage of the bonus insanity generation to have a higher voidform uptime for the encounter). When you speak in voidform, it turns your language into Old God gibberish. So, instead of my Cthulhu chant, I got something a little different. My character instead shouted: "Ye'tarin pwhn'guul uul'gwa yoq'al phwn'guul N'zoth"I did a bit more testing with the individual words to confirm they were being translated in order, and they are. "Cthulhu" becomes "uul'gwa," "R'lyeh" becomes "yOq'al," and "fhtagn" becomes "N'zoth."The link between Lovecraft and the old gods is anything but subtle, so it's hardly surprising to see another reference. I'm not sure if anything interesting can be inferred from this, apart from the attention to detail paid by whoever designed the translator. I'm curious to see if "Uul'gwa" or "yOq'al" become signifcant old-god related things/places/ideas.