I miss Legion so damn much


I've been playing WoW since vanilla, with a lot of breaks, I skipped basically all of WoD, but re-subbed for most major patches just to try them out. I haven't raided seriously since ICC, and during the WoD era I thought I was done with the game for good. I thought it was either missing that unique Warcraft feel/atmosphere/style that I came to love during the Warcraft 3 - WotLK era (I started to feel that way about halfway through Cataclysm) or that I simply grew out of it or got bored and I was considering just deleting my account.Then I saw the Legion announcement. It felt like the Warcraft I loved was coming back. Everything felt fresh and familiar at the same time. Every single order hall/artifact campaign for classes I cared about I thought was fantastic. The first campaign I did, on my DK, is considered the best by many, myself included, but I loved most of them, they really made you feel like you were a part of this world and not just random player avatar #45656537. Your class was acknowledged by the NPCs and lore figures, and you felt like a part of a big community, constantly seeing players of your own class in your order hall standing near the mission table, checking out their artifacts or fighting the training dummies.The zones, while indeed a bit cramped, felt great, again, fresh and familiar at the same time, and they had some fantastic quests that I'll never forget, like Runas in Azsuna, the Ysera stuff in Val'Sharah (and the memes Malufion gave us), the entirety of Suramar, which was on a whole another level, all of it was fantastic.The patches also continued the story in a fun, coherent way, and gave us the best in-game cinematics since Arthas' death, by far. I watch Rejection of the Gift at least once a week, I love it so much, the ending cinematic was batshit crazy as well and also unforgettable. These cinematics are peak Warcraft epicness/cheese, and I love them with all my heart.The class mounts was something I wanted since vanilla when I saw the Warlock and Paladin mounts. I always thought 'damn, every class should have something like that'. While some of them were kind of disappointing (Hunter, Mage), most of them were amazing.The order hall storylines, artifacts, class mounts and Mage Tower gave me the motivation to, for the first time ever, level a character of each and every class to cap. I got all the mounts, and all the Mage Tower appearances I cared about. It felt great.I didn't care about the legendaries or raids, since I got rid of the min/maxing mindset that turned something I loved into something that felt like a second job, so these were not a problem for me.The introduction of Mythic+ was something I really, really liked, even though I didn't play it much due to again, avoiding frustration and mostly playing solo.All in all, I believe I am not speaking through nostalgia goggles here when I say that most definitely, Legion, to me, was the best expansion, closely followed by WotLK. I didn't know it was possible for me to feel so thoroughly immersed in this game again, not after so many years of development of the game and me growing up (I started playing WoW in 2006, when I was 14), I felt burned out due to all the bullshit shenanigans in the video game industry. Legion rekindled my love for video games and WoW in particular.I hope Shadowlands is more like Legion than BFA. The information we have right now seem to point this way, but it still looks like someone in Blizzard thought that Legion was too costly and cut the budget by a lot. The BFA War Campaign felt like discount Order Halls, and Covenants look like Blizz is trying to do something like Order Halls again, but still for a fraction of the price.I've sunk over 6000 hours into this game over the past 14 years, it's part of my life, it was one of the things that shaped me as a person. I don't want it to fail. I want to love the game again. I guess I made this thread because I wanted to share my feelings with people who care about the game as much as I do, since I don't really have any friends who play WoW and the guild I was a part of in Legion has disbanded long ago. BFA, from the very beginning, felt like a filler expansion to me, and there's just so much wrong with it and so many Legion features that I loved are missing from it that I don't find joy in playing it. I just unlocked all the allied races except mechagnomes so I can level a toon on them one day, when leveling is fun again.Thanks for reading my blog, I guess.