Discussion: Having daily chores doesn't make players subscribe longer.


You can find the following comments so often on reddit posts and I just don't agree with that way of thinking, but maybe I am missing something so please lighten me up.- Blizzard makes you spend more time in a day by forcing chores upon players to get more "sub money"I don't know about you guys, but I doubt that the game-design regarding having daily or weekly chores like Torghast makes people subscribe for longer? Also having a higher playtime daily doesn't make blizzard earn more sub money or incentivize keeping your subscription rolling.What I DO understand makes players subscribe longer is timegating content, so please don't misunderstand me here. I am strictly talking about comments saying things like "The longer it takes you to level, the more money blizzard makes from your sub", "making your clear x number of m+ per week gives blizzard more money for your sub", etc... uhhh no, it doesn't?If I have to play MORE hours in a day or week, it doesn't change anything about how many months I want to play the game or how much I pay for my monthly sub, it's the same fixed price. I would even say that making players spend more un-fun daily or weekly hours inside the game rather makes them UNSUB because they get burned out. I think being "done" with the content like right now in P1 of TBC Classic is actually a good thing, you can clear your lockouts in a single night and then move on to play other stuff or do actual activities inside the game that you WANT, not that you NEED.​How do you guys think about this?