My thoughts about the early Patch 9.1


Patch 9.1 has been out for awhile now and I’ve been seeing some negative comments about it. And while a lot about WoW lately and even WoW Classic has mostly been negative especially with Shadowlands, I thought I’d give my own positive and negative feedback about the update lately to somehow “balance” it out and give a fair feedback.KorthiaKorthia is a new zone in Shadowlands version 9.1 with a multitude of new adventures and items for patch 9.1. Korthia is a very fun concept for me but as much as I like Korthia, there are some flaws to the design.Like the previous patch, most of us were finished with all content and were maxed out. And that was just the first patch... By that time, we probably got bored of all the new dungeons, raids, etc. That said, the advantage of the small size is that you can finish something without having to invest 1-2+ hours everyday dungeoning and is an advantage for alts.Sanctum of DominationTarragrue was kind of challenging and we made fun with him using anima powers, and the 10% enrages are also challenging with tanks that can taunt. It's a burn phase, so it doesn't last long either way. I admit, since I was busy with work, I had to rely on some boosts from Epic Carry. I also did this with the official WoW boosts back in BFA.Later bosses like Painsmith will punish you with the mistakes you make which is actually good. The final fight with Sylvanas was long and amazing. It's a well-crafted and epic battle, and I believe it will go down in history as a great raid. Character wise though, I know that Sylvanas and Kel'thuzad were war3 originals and she had some character development there but to WoW, I think she’s just another Illidan clone.TazaveshThe dungeon itself is cool but was a bit buggy when I played it, especially in the mail room. Some bosses have mechanics that you wouldn't even think could be seen in dungeons. I was impressed with teleports and rune mechanics too. It's also difficult to keep track of everything that's going on in certain fights.If not for the bugs though, Tazavesh may have been one of the best dungeon fights in years in this game. In terms of how it was made,Tazavesh is also beautiful… I almost think that Tazavesh should be an actual city and not a dungeon.FlyingFlying is incredible. One of the best things about 9.1.I prefer it over running across mountains and tough terrain. But I'd also like to reframe the reason they don't provide flying right immediately, because it would make running around less irritating.They could've also included flying after you finish the narrative quests, so you can enjoy the zone during the main plot and then fly and comfortably conduct world quests once you're done.MountsMounting up in the maw.Taking out the Eye of the Jailer was hard and right now, it didn’t make me like my experience in the Maw. (OK, I already have been, I guess). Also, hoping more guildies actually start logging back in. That would be cool too.ConclusionIn terms of content and quality, 9.1 isn’t perfect and I don’t think it’s a balanced patch. It could have been better with lesser bugs, a bit more content and would have been well received if it had been released 4 months earlier after launch.