The "mind reading" dialogue has got to stop. I despise it.


Hey everyone. There's been something bothering me about this expansion's dialogue that I couldn't place up until now, and once you notice it you won't ever unsee it.Every single scene with dialogue has this "mind reading" trope that shitty TV shows always use with twins, where they finish each others' sentences. It has gotten to the point where the dialogue is so bland it's basically a character standing there, vomiting exposition, but to not give one character all the protagonism , every other character basically continues what the first one was saying.No regards to what other characters' personalities are, no change of vocabulary from one character to the other, it's basically the story writer sitting down, and telling you the story but each part is delivered by a different character for some mind boggling reason. For example, the Maw Intro:Jaina says: Denizens call this realm "the Maw." From what I have gathered, it was intended as a prison for the most foul, irredeemable souls that ever existed. Thrall says: Something has changed. Pure, noble souls are being held captive here as well. They cry out in torment. Jaina says: Indeed. And one of their tormentors--and ours--is Sylvanas Windrunner. ------ Jaina says: The Jailer rules this realm. We know little about him, but it's clear he has taken a special interest in us. Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: He has personally overseen our... treatment here. Thrall says: We have endured countless torments. At times, it felt as if we were being tested. Though for what purpose, I cannot say. Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Whatever this Jailer and the Banshee are planning, it won't end well... for any of us. You see what I mean? Why would Thrall interrupt Jaina's monologue? There was no reason why Jaina couldn't say Thrall's sentence herself. Another example:Calia Menethil says: It is a relief to have you back, Thrall. I will send word to Aggra and the Regent Lord at once. Jaina says: I feared the worst. Baine and I both know the horrors that the Jailer inflicted. Thrall says: The things I saw in that place. The torments I endured... Jaina says: ...are best not relived. At least, not now. If you aren't getting annoyed with this by now, the worst is yet to come. What is this, freaking Hallmark? Each character should be different. Each character should have their own personality, this feels like you're following a story from cliff notes. The worst example of this came with this new chapter, in The Power of Elune and Winter's Sigil. Example:Khaliiq says: I remember this power... a double-edged sword. The Stonewright says: Seldom have I seen a mortal wield such rage. Tyrande Whisperwind says: Elune! Arama sh'nala fasima nemelia boranna! Thiernax says: Shandris, maintain your hold on her! Khaliiq says: Her strength grows--it overwhelms her! ------------------------------------------------ Shandris Feathermoon says: Mother... Is it you? Tyrande Whisperwind says: I am myself again. Shandris Feathermoon says: What I have seen this day, I can scarcely believe. Tyrande Whisperwind says: I was present for every moment, and yet... outside myself. As much a witness as you were. Shandris Feathermoon says: So much beauty in her voice. And sorrow as well. The tear... Tyrande Whisperwind says: Was mine as much as hers. Shandris Feathermoon says: The Winter Queen spoke of a purpose for the souls of our people. What did she mean? Tyrande Whisperwind says: That, Elune did not tell me, daughter. Not yet. Jesus christ. This line is just infurating now. Tell me ONE reason why this entire monologue couldn't have been said by Tyrande alone. And do please tell me why it's so BLAND. I know I'm not putting what I mean into a great sentence, but this last quest annoyed me greatly. I assume everyone know what I'm talking about, the whole expansion is littered with these kinds of texts."Ooh. I am myself again""Yes, but not quite""Right, her voice""It's so cool""But it was also yours""Yeah. It was also mine""The Winter Queen has a sister, remember?""Oh yeah. Elune. Her sister""Woah. Her sister"I adore WoW lore. I read through so much of it because I thoroughly enjoyed it and grew up with it. But come on Blizzard. Putting aside the fact that the whole premise of the Shadowlands was flawed from the get-go, at least put some effort into the dialogue. Otherwise we might as well just have 3 characters - Jaina, Jailer and Sylvanas. Because every single line of dialogue is written from THEIR perspective, and with THEIR lexicon, and with THEIR remarks, but switch up who's saying each line, split between the other characters.And I hate it.Edit: Something I forgot to mention is that the Oribos floating dudes have this exact trope in their dialogue. The difference is that they're meant to be robotic and brainwashed. These characters are supposed to be more fleshed out. Jaina had existed since W3