I got told to go die of cancer by a random pug today, while currently battling cancer.


I (23M) was putting together a pug group for a 14 spires today. I was the tank and I hadn’t realized that I accidentally invited 4 DPS to the group. So I had to remove one of them. I decided to remove this Druid from malganis. He was in the group for at most a few minutes and we didn’t even summon him to the dungeon yet. After removing him, he whispered me saying, “I hope you die of cancer r****d”. Then he immediately blocked me before I could answer Now a few months ago I would of just shrugged my shoulders and moved on, but just a couple months ago I got diagnosed with a pretty aggressive bladder cancer. I just had surgery a week ago to have more biopsies taken after the 6 weeks of treatments. I’m in a pretty shitty spot mentally being this young dealing with what I’m dealing with. But this one just kind of hurt me to my core. This happened about 6 hours ago but it’s still ratting around in my head. At the absolute WORST, I wasted 4 minutes of this guys time. Maybe. And he gets so upset that he feels the need to say some toxic shit like that because of it. I don’t really know where I’m going at with this. But all I want to say is that if you’ve ever said some shit like this, or if you ever feel the need to bring someone else down because they made a mistake in this video game. Then you need to take a deep breath and just move on. I play wow as a release from the real world so I can get away from the fact that I’m 23 years old battling cancer. NOT so that some dipshit can throw it right back in my face because he got removed from a group. So next time that tank of yours pulls too much trash and wipes, or your healer doesn’t battle Rez you, or that DPS you invited isn’t performing that well. Just bite your fucking tongue and move on. You NEVER know what someone is going through at home. You never know what someone is trying to escape from. And you never know when you can absolutely ruin someone’s day. Over something so small. Learn to forgive and teach the noobs. Show compassion. And just stop being so toxic to your fellow gamers.P.S. if you’re the guy that said this today lurking around in this subreddit. I hope you learn from your mistakes and try to become a better person