Let's not forget there are real people on the other end of those characters.


So I had a really rough day in game yesterday and I need to vent.​I witnessed a handful of guildmates former guildmates berate and insult a new recruit until she left the guild. They then congratulated the final person to say something to her as the "winner" and continued to joke at her expense for a full ten minutes after she left. This guild has their groups of trouble makers, and is no stranger to juvenile behavior, but I had never witnessed it on such scale, and kicked off by the guild leader no less.I pugged an island expedition where a member of my team cussed out myself and the other player for being too slow. They then trained as many mobs as they could over to our location and disbanded. (We still won, but if you're unhappy with the group, just leave, no trolling necessary.)My friends being not interested, or not online I turned to PUG timewalking to get my weekly quest done as well as see how rough the tuning was on the Cataclysm dungeons. I am confident and happy with my state as a resto shaman, and was willing to take whatever RNG could throw at me. We drew Tol'vir first... a few rough spots but nothing to impossible. Next up: Stonecore... Thrall's balls that dungeon is out of whack. The bosses were one-shotting everyone including the tanks. It wasn't long until the grumbling started and fingers were being pointed. Tanks blamed healers, DPS blamed tanks, and I as the healer tried to defuse the situation by explaining that timewalking is in a rough spot right now, and maybe we should just queue up again. The result was me being insulted further and kicked from the group. I found another group and we were able to run Throne and Grim Batol with no issues.​My point is: I know a lot of people are unhappy with the state of the game, and in a lot of cases it can feel like a company the size of Blizzard is ignoring or uncaring in the issues that we're having. However just as this expansion took over two years to produce, fixes and adjustments will take time as well to implement and roll out. I don't think I've witnessed such toxicity between players in a long time, if ever. It hurts to see such a fantastic community that I have known and enjoyed being a part of since 2004 tear each other down and have no common courtesy or respect for each other as human beings.​I fully anticipate this to be ignored or even downvoted to the abyss (sup Azshara), but please remember there are people on the other side of those characters in your group, guild, or zone. If you can't be supportive or compassionate then maybe say nothing and carry on about your business.​TL;DR: Yesterday was painful. People are negative and rude at every turn. Timewalking still needs some tweaks to be fun, and if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.​Edit: Follow up: One thousand upvotes, I never would have expected. Thank you all for the support. I've gotten so many positive messages, and met some really amazing people in game and out. While I'm considering a /r/wowtherapy sub (/s?) know that if this post has brought you some relief or helped you work through a difficult time I hear you. I've tried my best to keep this thread positive and engage with as many responses as I can.And if this post has made you worry or caused you stress about trying that next instance or lfr or warfront, know that there are awesome people playing WoW, and try again because that next group might be the right formula.