Loremaster is currently unobtainable for level 120 characters who have not done Icecrown already


Beta for Azeroth strikes again! I was recently working on Loremaster, and I got stuck on a quest called Matchmaker in Icecrown. The quest requires you to take control of a mob called a Lithe Stalker and start fights between Umbral Brutes and Skeletal Runesmiths by using the "Throw Rock" ability on the Umbral Brutes. However, at level 120, this ability one-shots the Umbral Brutes (even if you remove all of your gear and take resurrection sickness) due to BFA stat squish shenanigans, thus making the quest impossible. I opened a ticket and was told that this there is essentially no way to complete the quest on a level 120 character right now. The only alternatives are to level an alt and re-complete the ~175 quests in that zone or find a friend who has a toon in that level range and help them level through the zone until they get to that quest and have them do it for you in a party. I'm hoping that the bug will be fixed soon so that I won't have to resort to either of those methods. As we've seen, issues seem to get resolved a bit quicker if they can gain some traction on sites like this, so, with this post, I am hoping to raise the visibility of this bug on this subreddit. Loremaster is one of the most longstanding and iconic achievements in the game, and I believe it should be a priority to make this easy fix (presumably just one variable needs to be tuned down). I have since discovered that this bug has already been reported on the official forums several times over the past month [(1), (2), (3), (4)]. I submitted my own in-game bug report as well, and I would encourage anyone else who is interested in Loremaster to do the same. Hopefully, we can get some momentum and get this resolved soon. TL;DR: The BFA stat squish broke a quest in Icecrown, making Loremaster unobtainable on level 120s that have not yet gotten the achievement for that zone.