GTX 1070 FPS fix (for me at least)


I have been really having FPS issues since I got my GTX 1070 with WoW. I have tried everything and still only averaged around 40-60 FPS even on the WoW general setting of 5. I play other latest greatest games on the market at 80-144 FPS so why is WoW jacked up? Watched countless videos and nothing. My system is pretty top end accept for the 1070. (To be honest I just can’t talk my wife into the price tag of $1000 for the newest card on the market)Then while I was playing around with setting I found the issue. So for you who may have over looked this like I have.1) Open NVIDIA Control Panel 2) Under display tree select “Adjust desktop size and position” 3) Ensure scaling is set to “No scaling”I hit apply and saw a quick flicker or my screen and that was it. The Full-screen is a factory setting and I always over looked it because hey I was rendering at my screen monitor so no difference in scaling. It does matter. Now solid 80-144 FPS on general setting 8 in WoW even in most raids and BG’sEdit: LAPTOP versions may found a fix. Ensure you have NVIDIA suite drivers downloaded from NVIDIA website and not from your laptop support page. https://ift.tt/2OJXz2E Holy shit reddit gold! First time thank you so much! Glad I could help everyone!!